Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Almost 40

I have only 7 months until my 40th birthday. This year has been strange for my weight. In January, I got acute thyroiditis. It attacked my thyroid, and threw me into hyperthyroidism for a few weeks, then hypo after that. I was down to my "pre-baby" weight in my 20's. Then, I've gained 20-25 pounds since then.

Beginning in June, I did an eating plan with a diet coach. I ate the same meals every day for 7 days, with perfect macros. I lost about 12 pounds. But I got really sick of it all and stopped about a month ago, and have gained most of it back since.

I love how I used to keep track of my goals with this blog. Right now I'm training for a marathon, but my weight is still weird. I can tell that my thyroid is in a good place, because my energy is good and my body just feels good and healthy. I'm running faster than I have in a while! I ran a 15 miler with Cori when I was in TN, and we averaged 9:45 per mile, which I was soooo proud of! Baby steps!

My health goals for the rest of 2023:

Lose 1/2 pound a week, so that I'm down 6 pounds by January 1, 2024.
Run the Memphis Marathon in under 4 hours 15 minutes.
Keep up with my pelvic floor PT exercises.

Let's go!

0 comments: