Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Last night, Finn and I came down with a stomach bug. So, we had to add one more day to our trip here in Cancun. But, the older kids got hours of Flowrider in, and Gweny swam and went to the playroom. Finn and I hung out in the room a bit, and then went to watch them ride the Flowrider. It was nice to spend some time with him. Anndi and I played the colors game in the pool and swam around. I cannot believe she and Everli started riding the surf board on the Flowrider this week. Crazy! I first did it this summer and got whiplash so I haven't done it since. I was not super good at it, and just got really nervous. Some cute things Gweny says these days: She uses the word "mine" instead of "my." Like, "This is mine shirt." I love how she says "family," pronouncing every syllable. Like, "She needs her fam-il-ly." One of our favorite things she used to mispronounce was "unicorn," which she said, "hern-i-kern." The best! Gweny has taken a long time to potty train. She is 4 and 3 months old, and she occasionally has accidents still, but it has been a few weeks since her last one! She also gets really wild when she has to pee, but won't say she has to pee, she just goes savage. We finally figured out how to see the signs. Gweny is extremely EXTREMELY STRONG WILLED, and can be difficult to parent. She just doesn't submit to authority easily, she hold her ground. We thought maybe Gweny had sensory needs, so I brought her to an Occupational Therapist. She passed all the tests with flying colors, so we are working with the OT for "parenting"... ha! It's helping. I'm learning how to have less power struggles, and how to get her sensory needs filled where she needs them. She sometimes chooses to play rough, so trampolines, swimming, scooters, are all good for her. Just a second ago, Gweny emptied the entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet and flushed. Yeah, it's clogged now so I had to call housekeeping. She's hilarious. By 4 years old, usually my kids are over this stuff! Something I've been doing for the past month is taking 30 minutes of silence a day. I tune in to my body and feel my feelings. I pray and talk to Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed from taking on this practice. I feel inspired to be more aware of our family finances. I have been out of the loop for over a decade. I think it'd be fun to do a month fast from spending money. Where we take a whole month and we estimate what we might need to buy, we pull cash for those things, but everything else we don't spend. I think it'd be interesting! Here's to a good night's sleep and safe, happy travels tomorrow.

0 comments: