Saturday, March 7, 2015

7 weeks postpartum with baby #4!

Our 4th child, Finn is here! He is so special and we love him so much. He has been a joy as a baby and we are so grateful!

This 4th pregnancy was my easiest and best by far. We felt so much love and support from friends and family. I felt happy and stayed active. It was just a positive experience. I even only gained 49 pounds, which is the least I've ever gained in a pregnancy.

I am so funny sometimes. I always freak out right about now, worrying I will never lose the weight. And then I do lose it, anyway! I am glad I have recorded these feelings here on my blog in the past! Here I go again, worrying! But I know I can do it. It really takes patience! And smart eating. And exercise. And good sleep. I know this. So here are my stats:

Weight above prepregnancy weight: 21.5 lbs
Weight lost this week: 2.5 lbs
Total weight lost: 27.5 lbs

Workouts this first week of exercise:
2- 3.1 mile runs (one while pushing the stroller)
1- 1 mile swim
1- boot camp class
1- 1.5 mile sprint workout
1- 4 mile run

...every muscle in my body hurts!! LOL

Here are my goals:
1- For the next four weeks continue with at least 3 3+ mile runs, 1 speed workout, 1 cross training workout, and 1 yoga class. After that, I will add in strength training.
2- Complete the Music City Half Marathon in 7 weeks.
3- Be in bed by 10 pm every night.
4- Eat wisely but no calorie counting or cutting back on carbs. Eat intuitively and enjoy life.

With these goals, I hope to lower my stress levels and ease my body into the exercise habits it is used to doing. I miss my healthy, fit body and am excited to get it back!

0 comments: