Friday, March 7, 2008

Dare to Dream, and Dare to Achieve


I went to the Cougarette's dance concert with my best friend Nitti last weekend in Utah. It was amazing. I teared up several times because they dance so beautifully. When I was a Sophomore at BYU, I had a dream of becoming a Cougarette. I had very little trained dance experience, with my dance lessons as a 5 year old and one year of dance when I was 15. That semester, I took 2 jazz classes, attended a ballet class, and stretched for hours every day. I got really good really fast. Then, one day, I just gave up. I stopped pursuing my dream. Everytime I see the Cougarettes dance, I remember that dream and feel very disappointed in myself for ever giving up.

Now I have a new, almost equally challenging dream. I dream to be my normal size again. I want to be Danielle again. I have never lost weight in my life before... it can be so discouraging from day-to-day. I have been praying for God's help, and I know that is the only way I will make it to the end. I can do this. But, I cannot be lazy. I cannot give in. I cannot skip a day's workout. I cannot allow myself to accept anything less than achieving my dream.

1 comments:

Nat said...

You can do it, Danielle! 8 or so weeks postpartum is still really soon to have lost all the weight you've lost thus far. I know how difficult it is to be patient when trying to lose weight, but just give it time. I'm still about 5 lbs. off my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm a couple months ahead of you, so don't worry you'll definitely get there! You can do it!